References in periodicals archive ?
The wetland continuum: a conceptual framework for interpreting biological studies.
"Microbes form the base of the wetland food chain and nutrient cycle, so the health of their populations reverberates through the ecosystem," says Hu.
One key role of DES is the management and protection of wetland resources while also accommodating potential development and the growth of a strong economy.
There will be events at all nine of the WWT's centres - and six of them will also be holding Wetland Explorers events where families can take part in a series of intrepid challenges near and on water, by heading to their Explorer HQs and picking up a free log book.
"Soon, our students will have another reason to frequent the park, not only for clean-up and tree-planting activities, they will also have the wetland center to help them understand more why wetlands are important," Villar announced at the photo exhibit showcasing the work of wild bird photographer Ed Santos at the Solaire resort hotel in Paraaaque City.
Authorized under laws such as the Flood Control Act of 1936 and the Small Watersheds Act of 1956, the Corps of Engineers, the Bureau of Reclamation, the Tennessee Valley Authority, and the Soil Conservation Service constructed almost 5,000 dams and other water control projects, many of which inundated or otherwise impaired wetlands. Enabled through federally sponsored R&D programs in concrete technology, groundwater modeling, and design of large-scale hydraulic structures, this portfolio of government programs resulted in extensive wetland loss.
Wetlands are cradles of biological diversity, providing the water and primary productivity upon which countless species of plants and animals depend for survival.
Without a centralized law, government agencies exercising their mandates and roles on wetlands and wetland resources may experience overlaps in their jurisdictions, particularly for transboundary wetlands.
Citing the case of the Paligui Wetland, she noted that vast portions of wetlands are privately owned and are used for food production.
Many of our coastal, dry and upland regions are likely to lose large numbers of wetland species as a result of climate change.
Summary: Event titled 'Wetlands and Climate Change'
Medical browser ?
- West's syndrome
- wet beriberi
- wet brain
- wet colostomy
- wet compress
- wet cough
- wet cup
- wet dream
- wet drowning
- wet gangrene
- wet leishmaniasis
- wet lung
- wet nurse
- wet nurse phenomenon
- wet pack
- wet pleurisy
- wet purpura
- wet reading
- wet rot
- Wet Sandpaper Appearance
- wet-and-dry-bulb thermometer
- wet-blotting-paper consistency
- wet-bulb thermometer
- wet-dry pack
- wet-sheet pack
- wettable sulfur
- wet-technique liposuction
- wetting agent
- wetting solution
- wet-to-dry dressing
- Wetzel grid
- Wetzel, Norman C.
- Wever, Ernest Glen
- Weyer acrofacial dysostosis
- Weyers, Helmut
- WFF ‘N Proof Tests
- Whale Tail
- Whalebone in a Corset Sign
- WHAM questions
Full browser ?
- Wetenschappelijke en Professionele Uitgevers
- Wetenschappelijke Raad voor het Regeringsbeleid
- Wetenschappelijke Vereniging Voor Huisartsen
- Wetenschappelijke Vereniging Voor Verpleegkunde en Vroedkunde
- Wetenskaplike en Nywerheidsnavorsingsraad
- Wetgeving en Juridische Zaken
- Wetherall, Elizabeth
- Wetherill Associates, Inc.
- Wetherill Park Training Centre
- Wethersfield High School
- Wethersfield Volunteer Ambulance Association, Inc.
- Wetland Advisory and Training Centre
- Wetland Care New Zealand
- Wetland Center for Biogeochemical Research
- Wetland Delineator Certification Program
- Wetland Ecosystem Research Group
- Wetland Education Through Maps and Aerial Photography
- Wetland Habitat Alliance of Texas
- Wetland Habitat and Mosquito Management
- Wetland Health Evaluation Program
- Wetland International Asia Pacific
- Wetland Management Zone
- Wetland Professional in Training
- Wetland Program Development Grant
- Wetland Rapid Assessment Procedure
- Wetland Reserve Program
- Wetland Resource
- Wetland Resource Development Society
- Wetland Resource Management Committee
- Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc.
- Wetland Zooplankton Index
- Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center
- Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center
- Wetlands and Birds Korea
- Wetlands and Coastal Ecology Branch
- Wetlands and Livelihoods Working Group
- Wetlands and Wildlife Scenic Byway