Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Considering the character of the weapons, the limited number of shots allowed, the generous distance, the impenetrable solidity of the fog, and the added fact that one of the combatants is one-eyed and the other cross-eyed and near-sighted, it seems to me that this conflict need not necessarily be fatal.
They will kill me if they find me in the coslupak; so will the Kro-lu if they come upon me before I have won my Kro-lu weapons and jerkin.
The Museum of the Faculty of Medicine of Paris possesses one of these defensive weapons, two yards and a quarter in length, and fifteen inches in diameter at the base.
The Miller pressed furiously forward, dealing blows with either end of his weapon alternately, and striving to come to half-staff distance, while Gurth defended himself against the attack, keeping his hands about a yard asunder, and covering himself by shifting his weapon with great celerity, so as to protect his head and body.
The throwing down of his weapons and the withdrawing of his troop before his advance toward me would have signified a peaceful mission anywhere on Earth, so why not, then, on Mars!
By degrees they were thus distributed about the deck, and all with weapons.
Next instant, however, his blade had slipped into the fatal notch, there was a sharp cracking sound with a tinkling upon the ground, and he found a splintered piece of steel fifteen inches long was all that remained to him of his weapon.
Numabo and his warriors, realizing now the relatively small numbers of the apes against them, had made a determined stand and with spears and other weapons were endeavoring to overcome the invaders.
Perhaps the weapon was too big to be noticed," said the priest, with an odd little giggle.
And above the spreading whisper of lowered voices only a little rattle of weapons would be heard, a single louder word distinct and alone, or the grave ring of a big brass tray.
At his right, against the wall, leaned several swords and rifles and spears--extra weapons which the warriors had stacked here ready to their hands should there be a night alarm calling them suddenly from slumber.
If he had followed up his advantage he would have had Mohammed Beyd at his mercy in another moment; but instead he tugged at his revolver to draw it from its holster, and Fate ordained that at that particular moment the weapon should stick in its leather scabbard.
Medical browser ?
- weak acid
- weak calf syndrome
- weak D
- weak dominance
- weak lamb syndrome
- weak limb
- weakened vegetative syndrome
- weaning diarrhea
- Weaning Diarrhoea
- weaning from ventilator support
- weanling diarrhea
- Weapon of Mass Destruction
- Weapon of Mass Distraction
- Weapon-Related Injury
- weapons of mass destruction
- weapons-related injury
- wear and care practice
- wear and tear pigment
- wear facet
- wear pattern
- wear period
- wear schedule
- wear-and-tear arthritis
- wear-and-tear pigment
- wear-and-tear theory
- weasel toe
- Weather Bomb
- weather modality
- Weather Report
- weather sensitivity
- Weather Tourist
- weaver syndrome
Full browser ?
- Weaponizing Intelligence Combat Capability - Training
- Weapons & Facilities, Navy
- Weapons & Space Systems Intelligence Committee
- Weapons & Utilities Maintenance
- Weapons Access Delay System
- Weapons Accessory Mount
- Weapons Agencies Nondestructive Testing Organization
- Weapons Alert Designator
- Weapons Alerting System
- Weapons Analysis Facility
- Weapons Analysis Lethality Tool Set
- Weapons Analyst
- Weapons and Field Training Battalion
- Weapons and Fuel Users
- Weapons and Integrated Navigation System
- Weapons and Launcher Test Set
- Weapons and Materials Research Directorate
- Weapons And Storage Area
- Weapons and Systems Engineering Department
- Weapons and Tactics Analysis Center
- Weapons and Tactics Instructor
- Weapons and Tactics Training Program
- Weapons and Tactics Unit
- Weapons and Tracked Combat Vehicles
- Weapons Assembly
- weapons assignment
- Weapons Assignment Officer
- Weapons Attack Guide
- Weapons Augmentation Team
- weapons carrier
- Weapons Classification Defect