vomica(redirected from vomicas)
Also found in: Dictionary.
n. pl. vomi·cae (-sē′)
1. Profuse expectoration of putrid matter.
a. An abnormal pus-containing cavity, usually in a lung, caused by deterioration of tissue.
b. The pus contained in such a cavity.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
vomicaAn obsolete term for:
(1) Copious expectoration of purulent material;
(2) An abscess cavity, commonly of the lung.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
vomica(vom′ĭ-kă) plural.vomicae [L., ulcer]
1. An obsolete term for a cavity in the lungs, as from suppuration.
2. An obsolete term for sudden and profuse expectoration of putrid purulent matter.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners