Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In transporting his baggage in vehicles of this kind, Captain Bonneville thought he would save the great delay caused every morning by packing the horses, and the labor of unpacking in the evening.
Every one must get down at the lodges, and the vehicles must be sent back.
They have been literally broken into the traces, and are harnessed to the vehicles of their spiritual instructors like so many dumb brutes!
The way to church, up the hill, was impracticable to vehicles.
Some would even descend from their vehicles and feel the horses' legs; asking inane questions, or, through sheer ignorance of the vernacular, grossly insulting the imperturbable trader.
Without streets and vehicles, the uproar of wheels, the brutality of horses, and with its little winding ways where people crowd together, where voices sound as in the corridors of a house, where the human step circulates as if it skirted the angles of furniture and shoes never wear out, the place has the character of an immense collective apartment, in which Piazza San Marco is the most ornamented corner and palaces and churches, for the rest, play the part of great divans of repose, tables of entertainment, expanses of decoration.
said Holmes bitterly as he emerged panting and white with vexation from the tide of vehicles.
Prince had lain there in the ditch since the morning; but the place of the blood-pool was still visible in the middle of the road, though scratched and scraped over by passing vehicles.
Thus interrupted, Miss Jellyby became silent and walked moodily on at my side while I admired the long successions and varieties of streets, the quantity of people already going to and fro, the number of vehicles passing and repassing, the busy preparations in the setting forth of shop windows and the sweeping out of shops, and the extraordinary creatures in rags secretly groping among the swept-out rubbish for pins and other refuse.
As the day was splendid, however, and the concourse of vehicles, walkers, and loungers numerous, the young Americans found their progress much delayed.
These latter gentry stood outside--stood quietly by their long line of vehicles and said never a word.
He was placed in one of those odd vehicles in which the passengers sit side by side, as they do in an omnibus.
Medical browser ?
- vegetal pole
- vegetarian diet
- vegetative bacteria
- vegetative bacteriophage
- vegetative cell
- vegetative endocarditis
- vegetative function
- vegetative life
- vegetative nervous system
- vegetative pole
- vegetative propagation
- vegetative reproduction
- vegetative segregation
- vegetative state
- vehicle safety promotion
- Vehicular Suicide
- vehicular trauma
- veil cell
- veiled puff
- veiling glare
- Veillon tube
- Veillon, Adrien
- Veillonella alcalescens
- Veillonella parvula
- vein ligation and stripping
- vein lumen
- vein of anterior part of epididymis
- vein of bulb of penis
- vein of bulb of vestibule
- vein of cerebellomedullary cistern
- vein of cochlear canal
- vein of cochlear canaliculus
- vein of cochlear window
- vein of coronary and triangular ligaments
- vein of eyelid
- vein of Galen
Full browser ?
- Vehicle, Horse-Drawn
- Vehicle, Road, and Traffic Intelligence Society
- Vehicle, Tank Recovery
- Vehicle, Tracked, Recovery
- Vehicle-Borne Decontamination Capability
- Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device
- vehicle-borne transmission
- vehicle-borne transmission
- Vehicle-Concealed Improvised Explosive Device
- Vehicle-Hours of Delay
- Vehicle-Hours of Delay per Day
- Vehicle-Mounted Active Denial
- Vehicle-Mounted Active Denial System
- Vehicle-Mounted Detector
- Vehicle-Mounted Earth Stations
- vehicle-pedestrian deviation
- Vehicle-Related Road Debris
- Vehicle-Road Surface Pressure Transducer Array
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle Collision Avoidance System
- Vehicle/Pedestrian Deviation
- Vehicles in Operation
- Vehicles On-line Descriptive Search
- Vehicles Per Day
- Vehicles Per Hour
- Vehicles Per Hour Per Lane
- Vehicles Per Kilometer
- Vehicles per Lane per Hour
- Vehicles Per Mile
- Vehicles per Work Hour
- Vehicles Safety Information Model
- Vehicles Status Product
- Vehicles to the Mile
- Vehicles, Operation of
- Vehicles/Personnel Landing Craft
- Vehicular accident
- Vehicular Ad Hoc Network
- Vehicular Adapter Unit
- Vehicular Advanced Software Technology Consortium
- Vehicular Alert and Notification System
- Vehicular Amplifier Adapters
- Vehicular Astropod Research Nacelle
- Vehicular Attention Deficit Disorder
- vehicular cargo
- Vehicular collision
- Vehicular Collision Avoidance Support System