valetudinarian(redirected from valetudinarianly)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to valetudinarianly: viticetum
1. An invalid or person in chronically poor health.
2. One whose chief concern is his or her invalidism or poor health.
[L. valetudinarius, sickly]
A sickly or weak person, especially one who is constantly and morbidly concerned with his or her health.
1. Chronically ailing; sickly.
2. Constantly and morbidly concerned with one's health.
valetudinarianAn obsolete term for:
(1) A sickly person; invalid;
(2) A person unduly concerned about his or her health; hypochondriac.
Valetudinarian is not used in the working medical parlance.
1. A person constantly suffering from one illness or another, especially one deeply preoccupied with ill health.
2. A HYPOCHONDRIAC.