undifferentiated(redirected from undifferentiatedly)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to undifferentiatedly: Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease, undifferentiated carcinoma, Undifferentiated Marketing, undifferentiated schizophrenia, undifferentiated somatoform disorder
characterized by anaplasia.
Not differentiated; for example, primordial, embryonic, immature, or having no special structure or function.
undifferentiated/un·dif·fer·en·ti·at·ed/ (un-dif″er-en´she-āt-ed) anaplastic.
1. Not displaying variations or differences: undifferentiated residential developments.
2. Biology Not specialized in form or function: undifferentiated cells.
3. Mathematics Not having been subjected to the process of differentiation.
Not differentiated, e.g., primordial, embryonic, immature, or having no special structure or function.
undifferentiated; anaplastic tissue characterized by loss of specialist structure/function
not differentiated; primitive.
1. in neoplasia refers to a primitive cell type and likely to be malignant.
2. In clinical medicine refers to a group diagnosis in which there is no differentiation from the pathoanatomical diagnosis, e.g. failure to take the additional step of differentiating between a diagnosis of diarrhea and the etiologically specific diagnosis, e.g. Escherichia coli. See also undifferentiated diarrhea of the newborn.
undifferentiated chronic diarrhea
chronic diarrhea in horses which does not satisfy the diagnostic criteria for any of the known causes of that condition; most cases are irreversible and euthanasia is a common outcome.
undifferentiated chronic pneumonia
see enzootic pneumonia.