References in classic literature ?
The clouds of white dust that blew up the street, the gusts of hot wind that withered his vegetable garden, never disturbed his calm.
As his eye passed hastily over the words, his countenance changed from its look of military pride to one of deep chagrin; his lip began to quiver; and suffering the paper to fall from his hand, his head dropped upon his chest, like that of a man whose hopes were withered at a single blow.
To this last apothegm poor Hepzibah responded with a sigh so deep and heavy that it almost rustled Uncle Venner quite away, like a withered leaf,--as he was,--before an autumnal gale.
All the light and graceful foliage of her character had been withered up by this red-hot brand, and had long ago fallen away, leaving a bare and harsh outline, which might have been repulsive had she possessed friends or companions to be repelled by it Even the attractiveness of her person had undergone a similar change.
Their brisk, withered little dames, in close crimped caps, long waisted short-gowns, homespun petticoats, with scissors and pin-cushions, and gay calico pockets hanging on the outside.
The place, with its gray sky and withered garlands, its bared spaces and scattered dead leaves, was like a theater after the performance-- all strewn with crumpled playbills.
within are shabby shelves, ranged round with old decanters, bottles, flasks; and in those jaws of swift destruction, like another cursed Jonah (by which name indeed they called him), bustles a little withered old man, who, for their money, dearly sells the sailors deliriums and death.
And then there was withered old poni Aniele--who was a widow, and had three children, and the rheumatism besides, and did washing for the tradespeople on Halsted Street at prices it would break your heart to hear named.
The young imps on the verandah were not disappointed in their hope of hearing him "swar," which he did with a fluency and fervency which delighted them all amazingly, as they ducked and dodged hither and thither, to be out of the reach of his riding-whip; and, all whooping off together, they tumbled, in a pile of immeasurable giggle, on the withered turf under the verandah, where they kicked up their heels and shouted to their full satisfaction.
We walked in so pure and bright a light, gilding the withered grass and leaves, so softly and serenely bright, I thought I had never bathed in such a golden flood, without a ripple or a murmur to it.
And so there was no parting, for in his fancy I went with him; he knew not but I went with him, my hand in his -- my young soft hand, not this withered claw.
It was no more the withered limb of eld than my own; it was a rounded supple member, with smooth fingers, symmetrically turned; a broad ring flashed on the little finger, and stooping forward, I looked at it, and saw a gem I had seen a hundred times before.
Medical browser ?
- tubular excretory mass
- tubular forceps
- tubular gland
- tubular hyposthenuria
- Tubular kidney disease
- tubular maximum
- tubular necrosis
- tubular proteinuria
- tubular reabsorption
- tubular respiration
- tubular secretion
- tubular shadow
- tubular sound
- tubular vision
- tubuli contorti
- tubuli recti
- tubuli renales contorti
- tubuli renales recti
- tubulin binding agents
- tubulin, beta 2A class IIa
- tubulin-tyrosine ligase
- tubulization of nerve
- tubuloacinar gland
- tubuloalveolar gland
- tubuloalveolar glands
- tubuloglomerular feedback
- tubulointerstitial nephritis
- tubulointerstitial nephropathy
- tubulovillous polyp
- tubulus transversus
- tubus medullaris
Full browser ?
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 12
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 13
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 2
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 3
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 4
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 5
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 6
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 7
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 8
- tubulin tyrosine ligase-like family, member 9
- tubulin, alpha 1
- tubulin, alpha 1a
- tubulin, alpha 1b
- tubulin, alpha 1c
- tubulin, alpha 2
- tubulin, alpha 3
- tubulin, alpha 3c
- tubulin, alpha 3e
- tubulin, alpha 4
- tubulin, alpha 4a
- tubulin, alpha 4b
- tubulin, alpha 6
- tubulin, alpha 8
- tubulin, alpha, brain-specific
- tubulin, alpha, ubiquitous
- tubulin, beta
- tubulin, beta 1
- tubulin, beta 1 class VI
- tubulin, beta 2
- tubulin, beta 2A
- tubulin, beta 2A class IIa
- tubulin, beta 2B
- tubulin, beta 2B class IIb
- tubulin, beta 3
- tubulin, beta 3 class III
- tubulin, beta 4
- tubulin, beta 4 class IVa
- tubulin, beta 4A class IVa
- tubulin, beta 4B class IVb
- tubulin, beta 6
- tubulin, beta 6 class V
- tubulin, beta class I
- tubulin, beta polypeptide
- tubulin, beta polypeptide 2
- tubulin, beta polypeptide paralog
- tubulin, delta 1
- tubulin, epsilon 1
- Tubulin--tyrosine ligase-like protein 1
- Tubulin--tyrosine ligase-like protein 2
- Tubulin-Associated Calmodulin-Dependent Kinase
- tubulin-tyrosine ligase
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 10
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 11
- tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 12
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 13
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 3
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 4
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 5
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 6
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 7
- Tubulin-tyrosine ligase-like protein 8