Also found in: Dictionary.
1. Synonym(s): Heberden nodes
2. any gouty concretion in or around a joint.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
tuberculum arthriticumAn obsolete term for:
(1) Heberden's nodes, see there;
(2) Any periarticular induration or concretion—e.g., gouty tophus.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
tu·ber·cu·lum ar·thri·ti·cum(tū-bĕr'kyū-lŭm ahr-thrit'i-kŭm)
1. Synonym(s): Heberden nodes.
2. Any gouty concretion in or around a joint.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
Heberden,William, Sr., English physician, 1710-1801.
Heberden angina - severe constricting pain in the chest. Synonym(s): angina pectoris; Rougnon-Heberden disease
Heberden disease - small-joint rheumatism, with distal interphalangeal joint nodules and angina.
Heberden nodes - small exostoses found on the terminal phalanges of the fingers in osteoarthritis. Synonym(s): Heberden nodosities; Rosenbach disease (1); tuberculum arthriticum
Heberden nodosities - Synonym(s): Heberden nodes
Rougnon-Heberden disease - Synonym(s): Heberden angina
Medical Eponyms © Farlex 2012