true waiting list
true waiting listAn NHS term of art for a type of inpatient/day-case waiting list comprised of patients who:
• Must wait because of hospital resource constraints (waiting lists for organ transplants do not fall in this category, because of organ availability-related issues);
• Were given an advance date of admission (booked or diary admission);
• Were sent home at the time of intended admission due to lack of beds or other resources;
• Were offered admission but could not attend;
• Are inpatients awaiting non-emergent or non-urgent transfer to long-stay specialties.