trochlear(redirected from trochlear talus)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to trochlear talus: trochlea tali
1. pertaining to a trochlea.
2. pertaining to the fourth cranial nerve (trochlear nerve).
trochlear nerve the fourth cranial nerve; it supplies muscle sense and the impulse for movement to the superior oblique muscle of the eyeball. See anatomic Table of Nerves in the Appendices.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Relating to a trochlea, especially the trochlea of the superior oblique muscle of the eye. Synonym(s): trochlearis (1)
2. Synonym(s): trochleiform
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Of, resembling, or situated near a trochlea.
2. Of or relating to the trochlear nerve.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Relating to a trochlea, especially the trochlea of the superior oblique muscle of the eye.
2. Synonym(s): trochleiform.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012