Triple threat physician | definition of triple threat physician by Medical dictionary
triple threat physician
A popular term for a rare and vanishing breed of physician who is a
1. World-class researcher with self-supporting grants
2. Teacher with the skill of Socrates
3. Clinician with active patient contact
triple threat physician A popular term for a rare and possibly vanishing breed of physician who is a
1. Researcher of a caliber enough to obtain self-supporting grants.
2. Teacher with the skill of Socrates,.
References in periodicals archive
May is what we call a "triple threat physician
." In football a "triple threat player" is one who excels in running, passing and kicking; while in entertainment a "triple threat performer" is one who excels in acting, singing and dancing.