tremble(redirected from trembled)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
Related to trembled: tremblingly
1. The act or state of trembling.
2. trembles A convulsive fit of shaking. Used with the.
3. trembles(used with a sing. verb)
a. Poisoning of domestic animals, especially cattle and sheep, caused by eating white snakeroot or the composite plant Isocoma pluriflora of the southwest United States and northern Mexico, and characterized by muscular tremors and weakening. Also called milk sickness.
b. Any of several other animal diseases characterized by trembling, such as louping ill.
tremblenoun A shiver or shake; quiver or quake.
verb To shiver or shake; quiver or quake.
Due to its nonspecificity, tremble is little used in the working medical parlance.
tremble(trĕm′bl) [O.Fr. trembler]
1. An involuntary quivering or shaking.
2. To shiver, quiver, or shake.