training agreementAn agreement between a postgraduate dean and a trainee which defines, in terms of education and training, the relationship, duties and obligations of each party. Trainees should have a clear idea of what to expect from their time as a specialist registrar, and equally, what is expected from them.
Training agreement elements
Provided by the postgraduate dean, training director, employing trust and consultants involved in training:
• A statement of principle describing the aims of the training programme and required standards of achievement.
• The names and contact points for those who will be responsible for providing guidance, counselling and assessment, including at least one educational supervisor.
• A clear explanation of the methods of assessment to be used and their frequency.
• A commitment to providing an educational plan.
• A commitment to regular tuition by consultants.
• Provision of appropriate medical library facilities, educational or training aids and support.
• A commitment to providing appropriate levels of protected time for education and study time.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.