toxicant(redirected from toxicantly)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
developmental toxicant teratogen.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Synonym(s): poisonous
2. Any poisonous agent, specifically an alcohol or other poison, causing symptoms of what is popularly called intoxication.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
A poison or poisonous agent.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Having the power to intoxicate.
2. An intoxicating agent, such as alcohol.
1. A noxious or poisonous substance that is formed or elaborated as an integral part of the cell or tissue, as an extracellular product (exotoxin), or as a combination of the two during the metabolism and growth of certain microorganisms and some higher plant and animal species.
2. A common misnomer for poison.
[G. toxikon, poison]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012