References in periodicals archive ?
Special sessions will also be held to discuss the Interior Ministry's efforts in countering terrorism, including one about examining some of the homemade weapons and ammunitions seized by police and will feature Captain Reem Swar, the head of the Firearms and Toolmarks Section at Forensic Science Laboratory.
Chapter 2 discusses physical evidence and provides a basic introduction to different types of evidence that a CSI may encounter at a scene, such as fingerprints, trace evidence, firearm and toolmarks, biological evidence, chemical evidence, and more.
Seven years later, another comprehensive report--this one authored by PCAST--assessed the scientific foundations of a number of feature comparison forensic practices, including forensic comparison of latent fingerprints, bitemarks, toolmarks, shoe prints, hair taken from a crime scene, and firearms identification.
Looking through either end of a barrel with our naked (or spectacled or contact-lensed) eye reveals very little information, except whether the rifling right behind the muzzle is copper fouled or the bore is really rough, whether due to toolmarks, corrosion, or erosion.
The work was so well done that it takes a good eye and good light to see the change in the toolmarks, but you can see which have been machined, and which have not.
Firearms analysis seeks "to determine whether ammunition is or is not associated with a specific firearm based on toolmarks produced by guns on the ammunition." (177) The methodology "is based on the idea that the toolmarks produced by different firearms vary substantially enough...
(267) After surveying the literature on uniqueness, reproducibility, and permanence of individual characteristics, the report noted that "[m]ost of these studies are limited in scale and have been conducted by firearms examiners (and examiners in training) in state and local law enforcement laboratories as adjuncts to their regular casework." (268) The report found that the "validity of the fundamental assumptions of uniqueness and reproducibility of firearms-related toolmarks has not yet been fully demonstrated." (269) The report went on to caution:
One of the PFSA's achievements was the recent international accreditation in firearms and toolmarks, meaning the evidence analysed at the authority could be admissible in other countries, including Europe.
The Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks advises that similar weapon and ammunition be used for distance tests to reproduce residue patterns accurately (Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks).
Crime labs still handle far more requests relating to traditional forensic methods--such as comparing ballistics, latent fingerprints, fibers, and toolmarks. (22) As the high-profile dispute between the federal government and Apple over unlocking a smartphone indicates, digital forensics is an increasingly prominent type of analysis.
As the war progressed, Sauer simplified the markings, stopped polishing out the toolmarks and deleted the safety.
Medical browser ?
- tonsillar fossa
- tonsillar fossulae (palatine and pharyngeal)
- tonsillar herniation
- tonsillar ring
- tonsillar sinus
- tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
- tonsillolingual sulcus
- Tony Bland
- Tonya Harding Syndrome
- too numerous to count
- Tooke review
- tooth abrasion
- tooth abscess
- tooth agenesis, selective, type 1
- tooth and nail syndrome
- tooth arrangement
- tooth avulsion
- tooth bleaching
- tooth bud
- tooth cavity
- tooth contour
- tooth decay
- tooth eruption
- Tooth Extraction
- tooth form
- tooth germ
- Tooth in Eye Surgery
- tooth isolation
- tooth ligation
- tooth malformation
- tooth migration
- tooth migration, pathological
- tooth migration, physiological
- tooth mobility
Full browser ?
- tooling up
- tooling up
- tooling us up
- tooling you up
- Toolkit for Advanced Discriminative Modeling
- Toolkit for Advanced Optimization
- Toolkit for Conceptual Modeling
- Toolkit for Forms
- Toolkit for Multi Variate Data Analysis
- Toolkit for Nursing Excellence at End-of-Life Transition
- Toolkit for Object Oriented Network Distributed Online Environment
- Toolkit for Oracle
- Toolkit for Requirements and Design Engineering
- Toolkit for System Administrators
- Toolkit without An Important Name
- toolmaker's vise
- Toolooa State High School
- Toolroom Inventory Management System
- Tools & Plants
- Tools & Test Equipment
- Tools & Test Equipment List
- Tools and Algorithms Access Services
- Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems
- Tools and Compilers for Hardware Acceleration
- Tools and Habits for Inspiring and Nurturing Creativity
- Tools and Libraries
- Tools and Materials
- Tools and Methodology
- Tools and Methods of Competitive Engineering
- Tools and Rites of Transformation
- Tools and Techniques of Life Insurance Planning
- Tools and Technologies for Open Repositories
- Tools and Test Equipment
- Tools and Test Equipment List
- tools around
- Tools As a Service
- Tools Control Board