terrestrial(redirected from terrestrials)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to the earth or its inhabitants.
2. Biology Living or growing on land or on or in the ground; not aquatic, arboreal, or epiphytic: terrestrial mammals; terrestrial apes; terrestrial orchids.
3. Astronomy Similar to the planet earth in size or composition: terrestrial planets.
4. Transmitted from structures on the earth and not involving satellites: terrestrial radio.
5. Archaic Of or relating to the earth rather than heaven.
An inhabitant of the earth.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
terrestrialof the land as opposed to water or air.
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005