Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to tarsal: Tarsal bones, tarsal tunnel syndrome, tarsal coalition, Tarsal glands, Tarsal tunnel
1. pertaining to the tarsus of an eyelid.
2. pertaining to the tarsus of the foot.
tarsal tunnel syndrome a complex of symptoms resulting from compression of the posterior tibial nerve or of the plantar nerves in the tarsal tunnel, with pain, numbness, and tingling paresthesia of the sole of the foot.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
Relating to a tarsus in any sense. See: tarsal bones.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Of, relating to, or situated near the tarsus of the foot: the tarsal bones.
2. Of or relating to the tarsus of the eyelid: the tarsal ligaments.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Relating to a tarsus in any sense.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
1. Pertaining to the tarsal bones of the foot.
2. Pertaining to the fibrous skeleton (tarsal plate) of the eyelid.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005
Pertaining to the tarsus.
Millodot: Dictionary of Optometry and Visual Science, 7th edition. © 2009 Butterworth-Heinemann