Also found in: Dictionary.
superviseeA doctor identified by the General Medical Council (GMC) as having one or more areas of professional deficiency, usually related to competence, for which remedial supervision is required before he or she can return to independent practice.
Remediating supervisee’s responsibilities
• Engage fully with all aspects of the supervision process and produce any evidential documents required within the agreed timescales;
• Share his or her professional situation and practise with honesty and transparency;
• Work with the remedial supervisor to meet the outcomes of the educational action plan;
• Work within the timescales agreed with the remedial supervisor;
• Reimburse the trust for the cost of the remedial supervision upon receipt of the invoices;
• Contact the trust if he or she is dissatisfied with the quality or conduct of the remedial supervisor, and accompany the expression of dissatisfaction with a detailed explanation of specific reasons for the dissatisfaction.