References in periodicals archive ?
AGELESS NATION: THE QUEST FOR SUPERLONGEVITY AND PHYSICAL PERFECTION provides a new introduction by the author and foresees a world in which medical and genetic advances will not just expand life spans, but enhance the human body and mind as well.
Peter Singer has argued that there are good utilitarian reasons for rejecting the prospect of superlongevity: developing technology to double (or more) the average human lifespan.
'Superlongevity,' he said 'is simply not possible.'
* Superlongevity will have a growing influence on career choices.
The Second Wind: Choosing Re-Careering Over Retirement in the Superlongevity Era, with Michael Zey, author of The Ageless Society (forthcoming) and The Future Factor: The Five Forces Transforming Our Lives and Shaping Human Destiny.
Over the last century, average life expectancy across the globe has increased dramatically, creating a "Superlongevity Revolution" that is expected to accelerate throughout the twenty-first century.
It is composed of companies and individuals developing technologies and products that will enable us to live longer, healthier lives; that is, to achieve superlongevity. This budding industry also includes those who invent ways for the longer-lived cohorts to maximize their extra decades on the planet.
Let us now examine more closely the profound impacts that the Superlongevity Revolution will have on important aspects of our lives--work, family, leisure, and education.
Superlongevity will change many of these old rules governing how people pursue their careers.
Superlongevity will affect the career choices of individuals at every stage of the life cycle.
The evolving work and retirement patterns of baby boomers, the first generational cohort to experience superlongevity en masse, provide many clues to how our careers and post-career life will evolve over the next several decades.
Superlongevity is making the retirement-planning business very profitable indeed.
Medical browser ?
- superior transverse scapular ligament
- superior triangle sign
- superior trunk of brachial plexus
- superior tympanic artery
- superior ulnar collateral artery
- superior vein
- superior vein of cerebellar hemisphere
- superior vein of eyelid
- superior vein of vermis
- superior veins of cerebellar hemisphere
- superior vena cava
- superior vena cava syndrome
- superior vermian branch (of superior cerebellar artery)
- superior vermis
- superior vesical arteries
- superior vesical artery
- superior vestibular area of internal acoustic meatus
- superior vestibular nucleus
- superiority complex
- superiority trial
- Superman Syndrome
- supernatant fluid
- supernormal period
- supernormal recovery phase
- supernumerary kidney
- supernumerary organs
- supernumerary root
- supernumerary teeth
- supernumerary tooth
- superodextral lateral flexure of rectum
- superolateral surface of cerebrum
- super-optimal stimuli
- super-or supra-
Full browser ?
- Superlattice Barrier
- Superlattice DEVice
- Superlattice Intrinsic Stacking Fault
- superlight source
- Superline Partners Network
- Superlinearized Augmented Plane Wave
- Superlong Waves
- Superlotsaaddedstuffhack - Extended Magic
- Superluminal jet
- Superluminal motion
- superluminal radio source
- superluminal source
- Superluminal travel
- Superluminescent Fiber Source
- Superluminescent Light Emitting Diode
- Superluminous Supernova
- Supermajority amendment
- Supermajority Amendments
- supermajority provision