References in periodicals archive ?
Professor Bostrom's 2014 book, Superintelligence, suggests how we might prepare for the time when machines' intelligence far exceeds that of humans.
Shortly thereafter, he says, we could see the emergence of an almost omnipotent superintelligence that would have the ability to psychologically manipulate people and could evolve to be disastrous for society as we know it.
in economics and director of the Oxford Martin Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology with Oxford University, states, "Since the superintelligence may become unstoppably powerful because of its intellectual superiority and the technologies it could develop, it is crucial that it be provided with human-friendly motivations.
And more recently, the issue of superintelligence has been worked over by science fiction authors from Isaac Asimov to Vernor Vinge and beyond.
When intelligence applies technology to improving intelligence, he argued, the result would be a positive feedback loop--an intelligence explosion--in which self-improving intelligence would bootstrap its way to superintelligence.
A superintelligence out to optimize its systems might well find us a nuisance.
She also heads the trans-humanist Terasem Movement, that focuses on the advent of the singularity (theoretical emergence of superintelligence through technology) and the possibility of immortality through the downloading of our consciousness via nanotechnology.
The first is Ray Kurzweil who looks forward to the law of accelerating returns, eventually triggering a surge in superintelligence and semi-immortality.
Science Fiction and Philosophy: From Time Travel to Superintelligence works from the premise that sf and philosophy are not disparate fields of inquiry, but rather are both concerned with similar questions, possibilities, and hypotheses.
There is an interesting but separate question of whether we ought--on instrumental grounds--to try to build some specific kind of posthuman entity, such as a friendly superintelligence grounded in human values, that might be able to advise us on ethical and other issues.
Many of these writers had speculated on the consequences of superintelligence.
The Singularity is the point in the not-so-distant future when artificial and human intelligence will merge to create a type of superintelligence.
Medical browser ?
- superficial temporal veins
- superficial thrombophlebitis
- superficial transverse metacarpal ligament
- superficial transverse metatarsal ligament
- superficial transverse perineal muscle
- superficial transverse perineal muscles
- superficial vein
- superimposed eclampsia
- superimposed preeclampsia
- superior aberrant ductule
- superior alveolar nerve
- superior alveolar nerves
- superior anal nerves
- superior anastomotic vein
- superior angle of scapula
- superior aperture of minor pelvis
- superior aperture of thorax
- superior artery of knee
- superior articular facet of vertebra
- superior articular process of sacrum
- superior articular process of vertebra
- superior articular surface of atlas
- superior articular surface of tibia
- superior aspect
- superior axioappendicular muscles
- superior azygoesophageal recess
- superior basal vein
- superior belly of omohyoid muscle
- superior border
- superior border of body of pancreas
- superior border of petrous part of temporal bone
- superior border of scapula
Full browser ?
- Superintendant Fouquet
- Superintendecia de Telecomunicaciones
- Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria
- Superintendencia de Bancos
- Superintendencia de Bancos e Instituciones Financieras
- Superintendencia de Bancos y Entidades Financieras
- Superintendência de Desenvolvimento da Amazônia
- Superintendência de Desenvolvimento do Nordeste
- Superintendencia de Industria y Comercio
- Superintendencia de Instituciones de Intermediación Financiera
- Superintendencia de Pensiones, Valores y Seguros
- Superintendencia de Seguros Privados
- Superintendencia de Seguros y Reaseguros
- Superintendência de Transporte Público
- Superintendencia do Desenvolvimiento do Nordeste
- Superintendencia Nacional de Administración Tributaria