suck(redirected from sucks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. To draw a fluid through a tube by exhausting the air in front.
2. To draw a fluid into the mouth; specifically, to draw milk from the breast.
Etymology: L, sugere, to suck
1 to draw a liquid or semiliquid into the mouth by creating a partial vacuum through motions of the lips and tongue.
2 to hold on the tongue and dissolve by the movements of the mouth and action of the saliva.
3 to draw fluid into the mouth, specifically to draw milk from the breast or nursing bottle.
suck[AS. sucan, to suck]
1. To draw fluid into the mouth, as from the breast.
2. To exhaust air from a tube and thus draw fluid from a container.
3. That which is drawn into the mouth by sucking.
Patient discussion about suck
Q. What does thumb or finger sucking mean in ADULTS? People watch the unusual behavior of a person and decide their disorder. I strongly agree, but here is a critical question for you all. What does thumb or finger sucking mean in ADULTS?
A. It’s not a show to enjoy and laugh! It means that whomever you are talking about needs to see a psychologist. I am not joking. Things we are supposed to out-grow but don't, i.e. thumb sucking, imaginary friends or bed wetting, can represent serious problems or mental blocks.More discussions about suck