suck(redirected from sucked up)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. To draw a fluid through a tube by exhausting the air in front.
2. To draw a fluid into the mouth; specifically, to draw milk from the breast.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
suck[AS. sucan, to suck]
1. To draw fluid into the mouth, as from the breast.
2. To exhaust air from a tube and thus draw fluid from a container.
3. That which is drawn into the mouth by sucking.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners
Patient discussion about suck
Q. What does thumb or finger sucking mean in ADULTS? People watch the unusual behavior of a person and decide their disorder. I strongly agree, but here is a critical question for you all. What does thumb or finger sucking mean in ADULTS?
A. It’s not a show to enjoy and laugh! It means that whomever you are talking about needs to see a psychologist. I am not joking. Things we are supposed to out-grow but don't, i.e. thumb sucking, imaginary friends or bed wetting, can represent serious problems or mental blocks.More discussions about suck
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.