substandard performancePerformance that falls short of the standard expected of the person or professional in a particular post.
Substandard performance, reasons for
• Diagnostic repertoire—Does it match the External Quality Assurance (EQA) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) profiles?
• Errors and audits—Evidence of monitoring and appropriate remedial actions:
Lack of experience;
Lack of expert systems;
• External commitments—Do they conflict with work?
• Individual issues—Personal and health related problems;
• Poor working environment;
• Specialist—What are the credentials?
• Lack of standardisation—Pro formas;
• Teamwork—Evidence of good leadership, followership and communication
• Training and CPD;
• Workload—Is it optimal in terms of volume and content?