staff

(redirected from staffing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

staff

 [staf]
1. a wooden rod or rodlike structure.
2. a grooved director used as a guide for the knife in lithotomy.
3. the professional personnel of a health care facility or agency.
staff of Aesculapius see aesculapius.
attending staff the corps of attending physicians and surgeons of a hospital.
consulting staff specialists associated with a hospital and acting in an advisory capacity to the attending staff.
house staff the resident physicians and surgeons of a hospital.
staff mix a term in the nursing minimum data set, defined as the combination of all caregivers participating in nursing care for an individual patient or client.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

staff

(staf),
1. A specific group of workers.
2. Synonym(s): director (1)
[A.S. staef]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

staff

Medtalk noun A group of physicians and health care professionals in a specific practice setting, or affiliated to a particular hospital or medical school, generally who provide Pt care. See Active staff, Adjunct staff, Consulting staff, Courtesy staff, Emeritus staff, Honorary staff, House staff, Medical staff verb To provide the personnel necessary for a service or operation to function in its intended capacity.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

staff

(staf)
1. A specific group of workers.
2. Synonym(s): director (1) .
[A.S. staef]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012

staff

(staf)
1. A specific group of workers (e.g., reception, dental technicians, dentists).
2. Synonym(s): director (1) .
[A.S. staef]
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012
References in periodicals archive ?
* For guidance on staffing and training-needs analysis, see the AICPA Competency Self-Assessment Tool at www.cpa2biz.com/CPE/CAT.htm.
In addition to encouraging a team approach, the DON is now involved in new concepts in staffing--understanding and managing the number of staffing hours and dollars allotted to the residents.
(6) The integration of the community-oriented policing/problem solving (COPPS) philosophy into the way police departments conduct business will enhance the overall efficiency of services provided and promote community support of law enforcement, but agencies will still need to engage in planning efforts to meet their staffing needs.
The latter, however, is just as essential to staffing the White House.
As these and other questions were answered, the researcher, in close collaboration with the Azalea Library manager, gained insight into staffing issues of this combined library that would be transferable to other facilities.
Early applicants truly want to work at camp, so plan on advertising year round for staff to reduce urgent last-minute staffing needs.
The most recent study by the AICPA Work/Life and Women's Initiatives Executive Committee, which tracks staffing trends in the profession, showed that, after having a child, 90.3% of women return to public accounting (two-thirds fulltime and one-third part-time), leaving 9.7% as stay-at-home morns.
Because the cost of books and tuition is minimal compared to the cost of staffing from outside, providing scholarships is, in effect, a cost-controlling practice.
Costs related to staffing and staffing allocations are also significant data to identify if there is a goal to be cost-effective in producing the Gemba services.
There is a way to link staffing levels and quality of care
There has been little discussion in the literature regarding staffing models for physician executives.
As a result, it was impossible to accurately predict the number of personnel that would be retiring over the next 10-12 years or to forecast specific staffing shortages due to anticipated retirements.