spring(redirected from springs up)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A source of natural water. See Natural spring.
2. A coiled metal wire used to provide tension to mechanical devices.
3. A season between winter and summer.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
spring[AS. springan, to jump]
1. The season of the year that comes after winter and before summer. Synonym: vernal
2. The quick movement of a body to its original position through its elasticity.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners