solicitation

(redirected from solicited)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.

solicitation

a personal approach by a veterinarian to a person who is not a client and soliciting for any veterinary work that the person may have is unprofessional, unethical and, in most countries, illegal under the law governing veterinary practice.
References in periodicals archive ?
The organization solicited in front of Massachusetts businesses in communities including Shrewsbury, Uxbridge, Hyde Park and Plainville.
The officer solicited the bribe from the motorist to give him his driving licence back, cancel the suspension of his driving licence and cancel the month-long impounding of his car.
2 : to try to get by asking or pleading <They solicited the help of their neighbors.
Papers are solicited for presentation at the SPE Automotive Engineering Plastics Conference, to be held April 24 at the Best Western Sterling Inn in Sterling Heights, MI.
In a survey of 450 day laborers at the various sites listed on the Web site, 38 percent said they had been solicited for sex while seeking work.
The Adviser has agreed to compensate the Solicitor in an amount equal to 25% of the fees paid to the Adviser by clients solicited by the Solicitor.
However, those being solicited were not told that the for-profit company actually kept 85 percent of the funds collected, leaving only 15 percent for the charity.
Although most of us welcome these laws in hopes they will reduce the amount of garbage in our in-boxes, they also create explicit and implicit requirements for those of us managing solicited and unsolicited e-mail communication.
is being awarded a $5,115,211 (or $10,793,077 if the 100% option quantities are exercised) solicited contract for 185 digital electronic control units (DECU).
This audit of professional services expenditures and their procurement revealed that KCMCC has not solicited proposals for its annual audit since fiscal year 1993 and did not solicit proposals for some consultants hired to write grant proposals and advise on various programs.
d) Consumer means an individual who purchases, applies to purchase, or is solicited to purchase from you insurance products or annuities primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
Taxpayers hardest hit are those that followed the Department's position and solicited sales in Michigan by means other than a resident sales employee located in Michigan, but had no other Michigan activity.