Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
CADASIL is a single gene disorder caused by mutations on the Notch 3 gene.
Pakistan has a population of over 170 million and it contains a huge burden of hereditary hemoglobin disorders.1 Thalassemia syndromes are the most common single gene disorder throughout the world and have a carrier rate of 3%.
Combined Factor V and FVIII deficiency has an autosomal recessive inheritance and this condition is related with single gene disorder. Combined Factor V and FVIII deficiency occurs as a result of mutation in two different genes including lectin mannose binding protein 1 (LAMN1) (its other name is endoplasmic reticulum and golgi intermediate compartment protein (ERGIC) and multiple coagulation factor deficiency 2 (MCFD2).
If your child had cystic fibrosis, a single gene disorder, would you like to use some genetic tool to remove the faulty gene?"
The findings in Timothy syndrome patient iPSCs follow those in Rett syndrome, another single gene disorder that often includes autism-like symptoms.
It is not surprising that thalassaemia is the most common single gene disorder found in their descendents in Natal.
For example, results of a test for a single gene disorder might uncover a previously unknown change in the child's DNA.
The most common single gene disorder in India was beta thallassemia and Dr Verma was drawn to the idea of reducing the number of children born with this problem.
A further pounds 2.5m is expected to be made available over five years to support gene therapy research for cystic fibrosis which is the most common single gene disorder in the UK.
As the precision of non-invasive prenatal screening using SNP technology has narrowed in on CNVs, this screening can then focus even further to single gene disorders.
Single gene disorders, such as cystic fibrosis, haemophilia, Huntington's disease and muscular dystrophy, can be detected using CVS.
In addition to the above single gene disorders leading to proteinuric disorders, many common genetic polymorphisms have been found to predispose to disease, alter its course, response to treatment or rate of progression to ESRD.
Medical browser ?
- Singer, H.D.
- singer's node
- singer's nodes
- Singh Index
- single ascertainment
- single blind
- single blind experiment
- single bond
- single breath diffusing capacity
- single breath imaging
- single cell protein
- single cross
- single crystal sapphire
- single donor transfusion
- single drug therapy
- single fiber electromyography
- single gene disorder
- Single Limb Sport
- single molecular dilution
- single molecule detection
- single nucleotide polymorphism
- single nucleotide polymorphisms
- single organ system examination
- single photon emission computed tomography
- single point of access
- single primer amplification reaction
- single project assurance
- single pulse cardioversion
- single remedy
- single remedy treatment
- single site laboratory
- single stethoscope
- single straight leg raise test
- single strand binding proteins
- single strand DNA-binding protein
- single support
- single unit transfusion
- single ventricle
- single vessel disease
- single vial fixatives
- single-assessment process
Full browser ?
- Single Fixed Pulley
- Single Flash Bank
- Single Flashes Per Minute
- single Flemish bond
- Single Float Image
- single floor
- single flow route
- Single flower
- Single Fluid Model
- Single Fluorophore Video Imaging
- Single Folded Letter
- Single Fraction Total Body Irradiation
- Single Fragmentation Thresholding
- Single Fragmentation Thresholding with Conventional Fragmentation
- Single Frequency
- Single Frequency Approach
- Single Frequency Interface
- Single frequency network
- Single Frequency Off-Resonance Decoupling
- Single Frequency Relay Network
- Single Function Device
- Single Function Printer
- Single Gang Box
- Single Gate Field Effect Transistor
- Single Gateway Control Point
- Single Gay Black Male
- Single Gay Male
- single gel diffusion precipitin test in one dimension
- single gel diffusion precipitin test in two dimensions
- single gene disease
- single gene disorder
- Single Generator Operation
- Single Girder, Top Running
- Single Glazed Window
- Single Global Currency Association
- Single Glomerulus Filtration Rate
- Single Grave culture
- Single Groove, Single Petticoat
- Single Ground Point
- Single Hedge Fund
- Single Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors
- Single Heterostructure
- Single Hidden Layer
- Single High-Dose Bolus
- Single Hip Disarticulation
- Single Hispanic Female
- Single Hispanic Male
- Single Hispanic White Male
- Single Hit Multi Functional Machining
- Single Hoist Ordnance Loading System
- Single Homeless Action Initiative in Derwentside
- Single Hop on Demand
- Single Hot Spot
- Single Hot Witch
- single house
- Single Housing Benefit Extract
- Single Idea Bullet
- Single Image Random Dot Stereogram
- Single Image Random Dot Stereograms
- Single Image Random Text Stereograms
- Single Image Software