Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. the time during which there is no electrical activity in a muscle following its rapid unloading;
2. any pause in an otherwise continuous series of electrophysiologic events.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. The time in the course of a disease in which the signs and symptoms are so mild as to be difficult to detect.
2. A pause in normally continuous electrical events such as an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electroencephalogram (EEG).
3. A period in a tendon reflex that immediately follows the contraction of the responding muscles during which the motor neurons do not respond to afferent impulses entering the reflex center.
See also: period
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners
si·lent pe·ri·od(sīlĕnt pērē-ŏd)
Time during which no electrical activity occurs in a muscle following its rapid unloading.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012