significant concernsA phrase used in the context of a General Medical Council’s (GMC’s) Fitness to practise hearings or hospital disciplinary proceedings in which concerns are raised about a doctor’s performance.
• Poor clinical performance;
• Ill-treatment of patients;
• Unacceptable behaviour—e.g., discrimination, harassment or bullying of staff or patients;
• Breach of sexual or other boundaries with patients or staff;
• Poor teamwork that compromises patient care;
• Health problems leading to poor practice;
• Non-compliance with professional codes of conduct;
• Poor management or administration that compromises patient care.