siccus

siccus

 [sik´us] (L.)
dry.

siccus

/sic·cus/ (sik´us) [L.] dry.

siccus

[L.] dry.
References in classic literature ?
I'm afraid I know nothing of the theory of it, but I keep his Hortus Siccus in order.
Minutely planned and pieced together layers of colored paper, Delany's mosaics are so botanically exact that professional botanists as well as friends consulted her "hortus siccus," Delany's witty pun on collections of dried plants known by this term.
A late 18th-century visitor wrote to a friend suggesting, "If you can bring out a request to see her Horns Siccus, the work of her fingers and scissors, you will be astonished and pleased beyond expression.
Perth, Australia, July 1, 2011 - (ABN Newswire) - Manhattan Corporation Limited (ASX:MHC) announces that it has entered into an agreement with Strategic Minerals Corporation NL (ASX:SMC) subsidiary Signature Resources Pty Ltd for Signature to acquire the 90% interest in Manhattan's Siccus Uranium project in South Australia ("Agreement").
Strategic's corporate group company, Signature, has entered into an agreement with Manhattan whereby Signature will acquire Manhattan's 90% legal and beneficial interest in EL 4527 (South Australia) (Signature is the holder of the other 10%) known as the Siccus project.
The ancient term for a collection of pressed flowers was hortus siccus, "dried garden.
Manhattan also retains an interest the Western Australian uranium project at Gardner Range where Northern Uranium Limited (ASX:NTU) (PINK:NOURF), and its strategic partner Areva, are operators and earning an interest and the Siccus project in the Frome Basin of South Australia.
The Siccus project covers part of the Tertiary palaeochannel system in the Frome Basin of SA.
It would certainly be a valuable addition of nondescripts to the ample collection of known classes, genera and species, which at present beautify the hortus siccus of dissent.
Burke's famous reduction of Dissent to a hortus siccus in the eighteenth century, echoed by Hazlitt in the nineteenth, represents an early moment in a long tradition that has affected both those hostile and sympathetic to religious dissidence.