SGK2(redirected from serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk2)
SGK2A gene on chromosome 20q13.2 that encodes a serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in regulating various ion channels and membrane transporters involved in cell growth, survival and proliferation. It is highly expressed in the liver, kidneys and pancreas.
• Na+ channel—e.g., SCNN1A/ENAC;
• K+ channels—e.g., KCNA3/Kv1.3, KCNE1, KCNQ1;
• Amino acid transporter—e.g., SLC6A19;
• Glutamate transporter—e.g., SLC1A6/EAAT4;
• Glutamate receptors—e.g., GRIA1/GLUR1 and GRIK2/GLUR6;
• Na+/H+ exchange—e.g., SLC9A3/NHE3; and
• Na+/K+ ATPase.