Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to rights: Miranda rights, Bill of Rights, Natural rights, Constitutional rights
rightsThe entitlements that a person has in a democratic environment or society.
Rights that people have in democracies:
• Fair treatment without discrimination;
• Protection from danger and harm;
• Health and social care that meets their needs, weighs their choices and protects them;
• Access information about themselves;
• Communicate using their preferred methods of communication and language.