reversible

(redirected from reversibility)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to reversibility: irreversibility, Microscopic reversibility

re·ver·si·ble

(rē-ver'si-bĕl),
Capable of reversal; said of diseases or chemical reactions.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

re·ver·si·ble

(rĕ-vĕr'si-bĕl)
Capable of reversal; said of diseases or chemical reactions.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012

Patient discussion about reversible

Q. I have been struggling with an eating disorder. Can I reverse this? Hi everybody! Here is Tom of 25 yrs old male. I have been struggling with an eating disorder. Now I have low bone density into the osteoporosis level. My level is -2.6. I'm still young, is there hope for me? Can I reverse this? Are there any herbs or other supplements that may help me?

A. most people who has eating disorder wouldn't believe you if you'll say them they have a problem. anorexic girls believe they are fat even when they are all skin and bones. you passed that stage. that stage was the hard one. not that you are facing an easy journey, but the hardest part is behind you. here is a site that will be a big help for you:

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/p.asp?WebPage_ID=286&Profile_ID=41156

Q. I HAVE HEARD THERE IS A NEW DRUG THAT CAN NOT ONLY SLOW DOWN ALLZHEIMERS BUT REVERSE IT.WHERE CAN IT BE FOUND? ADVERTISMENTS HAVE SAID SOME DOCTORS ARE DOING TRIAL DOSES WITH THIS NEW TREATMENT AND MY MOMS DOCTOR COULDN'T FIND OUT WHERE TO GO AT OUR LAST VISIT.HELP US FIND AN AREA NEAREST TO CENTRAL AL AS POSSIBLE.

A. It's called dimebon, and it was indeed found to improve the condition of patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer disease. You may read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimebon and http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_67571.html

More discussions about reversible
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.
References in periodicals archive ?
The study was designed as a 2 (reversibility of decision: low vs.
She identifies empathy as an "affective reversibility" between agents (225), and argues in chapter eight that empathy "underpins and motivates all particular ethical considerations and manifestations of ethical behaviour" (250).
As shown in Table 3 the distribution of patients with COPD according to reversibility. More than a half of patients (56.3%) presented with the percent of 6-12 which is regarded as low reversibility while the other 43.7% have more than 6% which is labeled as high reversibility percent.
For confirmation of asthma diagnosis, bronchial provocation tests can be included in asthma prevalence protocols as the bronchial reversibility test might show false negative results particularly in subjects with intermittent symptoms.
It was observed that frequency of reversibility testing performed in only one-third of obstructive spirogram.
With a system that combines total reversibility, with a gateless design and servo driven linear motion, the core benefits are truly impressive: It can move products in several directions on one line and into any packaging system; It minimises moving parts--to improve efficiency and provide a low maintenance and easy to clean system and has virtually no product damage or flavour loss.
To differentiate asthma from COPD one is dependent on the history, clinical examination during the stable phase, and demonstration of the degree of airflow reversibility in response to administration of a short-acting [[beta].sub.2]-agonist and/or corticosteroid.
Tokyo, Japan, May 22, 2006 - (JCN) - Hitachi has succeeded in quantitatively measuring the reversibility of damage to motor function as a result of cerebral dysfunction.
Due to the high reactivity and reversibility of the radical reaction, the organic radical battery demonstrates extremely high power density and good cycleability making it suitable for a range of next generation applications.
The projection of the pianist--shown on the back of the screen featuring Pahl's animation--gives the screen the reversibility of a coin and proves that the animation is, in fact, a silent film.
Unfortunately, in the automatic arena, reversibility means a lot more money.