retrobulbar abscess

Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.

ret·ro·bul·bar ab·scess

an abscess posterior to the globe of the eye.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
References in periodicals archive ?
These are quite difficult to treat and are called retrobulbar abscesses. Sometimes it is necessary to remove the eye.
We call these retrobulbar abscesses and they are tricky to treat.