repositioning(redirected from repositionings)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial.
1. To place in another position, as during an operation.
2. Synonym(s): reduction (1)
repositioningLaparoscopic surgery The changing of a Pt's position during a procedure to improve access or visualization of the operative field, which may be linked to complications, as it changes anatomic planes of operation. See Laparoscopic surgery.
1. The restoration, by surgical or manipulative procedures, of a part to its normal anatomic relation.
2. chemistry A reaction involving a gain of one or more electrons by a substance.
3. Surgical procedure to reduce size.
[L. reductio, fr. re-duco, pp. ductus, to lead back]