References in periodicals archive ?
despite the fact that they all go to Iranian refugee doctor and plot holder Ali (Djalili) for free advice.
NPC said it costs the NHS only pounds 10,000 to retrain a refugee doctor compared with pounds 250,000 to train a new doctor from scratch.
It costs pounds 250,000 to train a British medical student to become a doctor, but as little as pounds 10,000 to prepare a refugee doctor to practise.
Whereas it takes at least seven years and [pound]200,000 to train a doctor from scratch in the UK, a refugee doctor already in Britain can be prepared and converted to practise in a few months at a cost of only [pound]3,000.
It is vital that the potential contribution of refugee doctors is acknowledged, and that all efforts are made to ensure that their talents and enthusiasm are nurtured and developed - for the benefit of the refugee doctor, for the NHS and for the community as a whole.
The council said it could cost as little as pounds 1,000 to prepare a refugee doctor topractise in the UK compared with pounds 250,000 to train someone from scratch.
The council said it could cost as little as pounds 1,000 to prepare a refugee doctor to practise in the UK compared with pounds 250,000 to train someone from scratch.
A refugee doctor living in Wales is now four times as likely to be trained and found working in the NHS than in any other part of the UK.
Every refugee doctor who has found employment in the NHS as a result of the programme shows that the support the Assembly Government has given has been a wise investment.
Also since 2002 a scheme that trains refugee doctors to work in the NHS has resulted in 77 new medics for the health service in Wales.
The government is currently developing advertising campaigns, setting standard rates for checkups at private clinics, working to establish residential compounds and coming up with attractive salaries to entice refugee doctors and nurses to return home.
Yet there are more than a thousand refugee doctors working as cleaners, shop assistants and dishwashers when all they really want to do is heal the sick.
Medical browser ?
- refractory medium
- refractory osteomyelitis
- refractory period
- refractory period of electronic pacemaker
- refractory periodontitis
- refractory rickets
- refractory septic shock
- refractory shock
- refractory state
- refrigerant gas
- refrigeration anesthesia
- Refsum disease
- Refsum, Sigvald
- Refsum's disease
- Refsum's syndrome
- refugee doctor
- refusal of procedure
- refusal of therapy
- refusal of treatment
- refusal to treat
- refusal, informed
- Regan isoenzyme
- Regaud fixative
- Regaud, Claude
- Regen, Eugene M.
- regenerative cell therapy
- regenerative left shift
- regenerative medicine
- regenerative polyp
Full browser ?
- Refugee & Asylum Seekers Project
- Refugee Access Verification Unit
- Refugee Advisory & Advocacy Project
- Refugee Advocacy Service of South Australia
- Refugee Aid and Development
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health Network
- Refugee and Humanitarian Arrival Clinic
- Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council Inc.
- Refugee and Immigrant Health Program
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre Inc.
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Service
- Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit
- Refugee Assessment and Guidance Unit
- Refugee Assistance Headquarters
- refugee camp
- refugee camp
- Refugee camps
- Refugee camps
- refugee capital
- Refugee Centre for Human Rights
- Refugee Children and Vulnerable Citizens
- Refugee Children School Impact Grant
- Refugee Community Development Fund
- Refugee Concern Hong Kong
- Refugee Coordination Unit
- Refugee Council of New Zealand
- Refugee Counselling Services Unit
- Refugee Determination Program
- Refugee Development Center
- refugee doctor
- Refugee Documentation Centre, Ireland
- Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980
- Refugee Education Sponsorship Program Enhancing Communities Together
- Refugee Education Training and Advisory Service
- Refugee Escape Act
- Refugee Film Festival
- Refugee Health Assessment Program
- Refugee Health Information Network
- Refugee Health Professionals Project
- Refugee Health Program
- Refugee Health Research Centre
- Refugee Language Support Unit
- Refugee Legal Aid Project
- Refugee Legal Centre
- Refugee Link and Training Agency
- Refugee Management And Tracking System
- Refugee Materials Resource Center
- Refugee Meal
- Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Refugee Nutrition Information System
- refugee prisoner
- Refugee Relief Act of 1953
- Refugee Resettlement Program
- Refugee Return Task Force
- Refugee Review Tribunal
- Refugee Rights Action Network
- refugee status
- Refugee Status Appeals Authority
- Refugee Status Determination
- Refugee Transitions