References in periodicals archive ?
despite the fact that they all go to Iranian refugee doctor and plot holder Ali (Djalili) for free advice.
NPC said it costs the NHS only pounds 10,000 to retrain a refugee doctor compared with pounds 250,000 to train a new doctor from scratch.
Whereas it takes at least seven years and [pound]200,000 to train a doctor from scratch in the UK, a refugee doctor already in Britain can be prepared and converted to practise in a few months at a cost of only [pound]3,000.
"It is vital that the potential contribution of refugee doctors is acknowledged, and that all efforts are made to ensure that their talents and enthusiasm are nurtured and developed - for the benefit of the refugee doctor, for the NHS and for the community as a whole." Scottish Socialist Leader Tommy Sheridan, said: "In a small country like Scotland we are desperate for skilled and unskilled workers to help us build a better place to live.
The council said it could cost as little as pounds 1,000 to prepare a refugee doctor topractise in the UK compared with pounds 250,000 to train someone from scratch.
The council said it could cost as little as pounds 1,000 to prepare a refugee doctor to practise in the UK compared with pounds 250,000 to train someone from scratch.
Every refugee doctor who has found employment in the NHS as a result of the programme shows that the support the Assembly Government has given has been a wise investment.'
The unique Welsh scheme to train refugee doctors initiated in 2002 remains world leading in its effectiveness, producing more than 100 GMC-registered doctors possibly saving the NHS some PS30m.
One of the charity's recent successes has been a partnership with North Tees Hospital, helping retrain and employ refugee doctors and health professionals.
One action I took as the Health Minister, was to support a Welsh Refugee Doctors Programme.
The National Health Service and the British Medical Association have begun retraining refugee doctors, including many from Syria and Afghanistan, to fill the ranks of depleted clinics in U.K.
The New Refugee Doctors Project, run by the Bridges Programmes, in partnership with the BMA and NHS Education for Scotland will offer around 30 medics support to access training, language support and professional mentoring and the work experience they need to re-enter their profession.
Medical browser ?
- refractory flask
- refractory hypertension
- refractory investment
- refractory osteomyelitis
- refractory period
- refractory period of electronic pacemaker
- refractory periodontitis
- refractory rickets
- refractory septic shock
- refractory shock
- refractory state
- refrigerant gas
- refrigeration anesthesia
- Refsum disease
- Refsum, Sigvald
- Refsum's disease
- refugee doctor
- refusal of procedure
- refusal of therapy
- refusal of treatment
- refusal to treat
- Regan isoenzyme
- Regaud fixative
- Regaud, Claude
- Regen, Eugene M.
- regenerative cell therapy
- regenerative medicine
- regenerative polyp
Full browser ?
- Refugee Action Committee
- Refugee Advisory & Advocacy Project
- Refugee Advocacy Service of South Australia
- Refugee Aid and Development
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health Network
- Refugee and Humanitarian Arrival Clinic
- Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council Inc.
- Refugee and Immigrant Health Program
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre Inc.
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Service
- Refugee and Immigration Services
- Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit
- Refugee Assessment and Guidance Unit
- Refugee Assistance Headquarters
- Refugee Assistance Information System
- refugee camp
- refugee camp
- Refugee camps
- Refugee camps
- refugee capital
- Refugee Centre for Human Rights
- Refugee Children and Vulnerable Citizens
- Refugee Children School Impact Grant
- Refugee Community Development Fund
- Refugee Concern Hong Kong
- Refugee Coordination Unit
- Refugee Council of New Zealand
- Refugee Counselling Services Unit
- Refugee Determination Program
- Refugee Development Center
- refugee doctor
- Refugee Documentation Centre, Ireland
- Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980
- Refugee Education Sponsorship Program Enhancing Communities Together
- Refugee Education Training and Advisory Service
- Refugee Escape Act
- Refugee Film Festival
- Refugee Health Assessment Program
- Refugee Health Information Network
- Refugee Health Professionals Project
- Refugee Health Program
- Refugee Health Queensland
- Refugee Health Research Centre
- Refugee Housing Unit
- Refugee Language Support Unit
- Refugee Legal Aid Project
- Refugee Legal Centre
- Refugee Link and Training Agency
- Refugee Management And Tracking System
- Refugee Materials Resource Center
- Refugee Meal
- Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Refugee Nutrition Information System
- refugee prisoner
- Refugee Relief Act of 1953
- Refugee Resettlement Program
- Refugee Resettlement Watch
- Refugee Return Task Force
- Refugee Review Tribunal
- Refugee Rights Action Network
- Refugee Social Services