Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Time of Useful Consciousness Altitude Exposure Time FL430 9-12 seconds FL400 15-20 seconds FL350 30-60 seconds FL300 1-2 minutes FL280 2.5-3 minutes FL250 3-5 minutes FL210 8-10 minutes FL180 20-30 minutes A rapid decompression can decrease TUC by a 1/3 to 1/2
Pacific halibut lack a swim bladder and do not suffer apparent injuries associated with rapid decompression. Pacific halibut are, however, often kept on deck of for 30-60 min during sorting operations on commercial trawl vessels before being discarded (Davis and Olla, 2001).
In silicic melts where decompression is the saturation mechanism, homogeneous bubble nucleation requires rapid decompression, i.e., greater than 90-150 MPa, which leads to extreme water supersaturation and disequilibrium degassing (Mangan et al., 2004).
The recognition that rapid decompression at high altitude is likely to be fatal to unprotected aircrew has led to the development of a system designed to provide "get-me-down" capability.
007's altitude at the time], crew members and passengers would have about one minute of expected useful consciousness unless they successfully began receiving oxygen from an oxygen mask (in the event of a rapid decompression this time gets cut to about thirty seconds, since most of the air in the lungs get sucked out during the decompression).
"Not only is it unclear whether the rapid decompression occurred in Florida, but even if the court assumes as much, Florida's 'sole contact with this litigation is the happenstance that the accident occurred there.' Air Crash Disaster, 399 F.
In an airworthiness directive, it said the extra checks were needed "to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane." The directive, first drawn up in September, was approved in February and was due to take effect on April 9.
We had a complete cabin-pressurization failure, which resulted in a rapid decompression. All four of us read-justed our oxygen masks and decided to expeditiously tank as we had only 9,000 pounds of gas.
That time may be cut in half in the event the cabin is pressurized and there is a rapid decompression, as the table on the preceding page reflects.
Last month an explosion on a Qantas Boeing 747 en route from London to Australia blew a hole in the fuselage and caused rapid decompression in the passenger cabin.
The training - available under an agreement with Arizona State University East - enables crew members to experience altitude sickness conditions such as hypoxia and rapid decompression, preparing them for actual emergency situations.
The Federal Aviation Administration last week ordered additional, repeated inspections of certain Boeing 777s, warning that corrosion and cracking could lead to rapid decompression and damage to the structure of the aircraft.
Medical browser ?
- rape counseling
- rape kit
- rape trauma syndrome
- rapeseed oil
- rape-trauma syndrome
- rape-trauma treatment
- raphe corporis callosi
- raphe medullae oblongatae
- raphe nuclei
- raphe nucleus
- raphe of penis
- raphe of perineum
- raphe of scrotum
- raphe of tongue
- raphe pontis
- raphe retinae
- raphespinal fibers
- rapid antigen test
- rapid canities
- rapid cycling
- rapid decompression
- rapid eye movement
- rapid eye movement (REM) sleep
- rapid eye movement sleep
- rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder
- rapid eye movements
- rapid eye movements (REM)
- rapid maxillary expansion
- rapid medical assessment
- rapid plasma reagin
- rapid plasma reagin test
- rapid pulse
- rapid response team
- Rapid Risk Assessment for Sex Offence Recidivism
- rapid sequence induction
- rapid sequence intubation
- rapid shallow breathing index
- rapid strep test
- rapid trauma assessment
- rapid urease test
- Rapidly Progressive Condition
- rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis
- rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis with pulmonary hemorrhage
- rapidly recurrent cholestatic hepatitis C
- rapids riding
Full browser ?
- rapid climb
- rapid climb
- Rapid Coastal Zone Assessment Survey
- Rapid Combat Mapping Service
- Rapid Compression Expansion Machine
- Rapid Conceptual Design
- Rapid Configuration Tool
- Rapid Containment Baton
- Rapid Continuous Improvement
- Rapid Control Prototyping
- Rapid Cooling Unit
- Rapid Couples Interaction Scoring System
- Rapid Crack Propagation
- rapid cycling
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder
- Rapid Cycling Synchrotron
- Rapid Damage Assessment Capability
- Rapid Dark Adaptation Test
- RAPID Data Centre
- Rapid Data Development
- Rapid Data Entry
- Rapid Data Management System
- Rapid Data Transmission System
- Rapid Data Transmission System for Requisitioning
- Rapid Debt-Repayment Plan
- Rapid Deceleration Trauma
- Rapid Decelleration Trauma
- Rapid Decentralization Techniques
- Rapid Decision-Making and Synchronization Process
- Rapid Decisive Operations
- rapid decompression
- Rapid Dementia Screening Test
- Rapid Deployable Fiber-Optic Cable
- Rapid Deployable Imagery Terminals
- Rapid Deployable Intrusion Detection System
- Rapid Deployable/Deployment Surveillance System
- Rapid Deployment
- Rapid Deployment Armor Bag
- Rapid Deployment Automatic Test System
- Rapid Deployment Barrier System
- Rapid Deployment Cellular Repeater System
- Rapid Deployment Earth Terminal for SNG
- Rapid Deployment Electro-Optical System
- Rapid Deployment Flood Wall
- Rapid Deployment for Action
- Rapid Deployment Force
- Rapid Deployment Hemostat
- Rapid Deployment Integrated Surveillance System
- Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force
- Rapid Deployment Kit
- Rapid Deployment Launcher
- Rapid Deployment Logistics Unit
- Rapid Deployment Pack
- Rapid Deployment Patrol
- Rapid Deployment Planning
- Rapid Deployment Portable Repeater
- Rapid Deployment Program
- Rapid Deployment Solution
- Rapid Deployment Suite
- Rapid Deployment Team
- Rapid Deployment Terminal