interpretation(redirected from radiographic, lingual foramen interpretation)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. an explanation.
2. in psychotherapy, the therapist's periodic explanation to the patient of the latent content or hidden meanings of the patient's mental phenomena as expressed through free association, descriptions of dreams, and other aspects.
laboratory data interpretation in the nursing interventions classification, a nursing intervention defined as the critical analysis of patient laboratory data in order to assist with clinical decision making.
1. In psychoanalysis, the characteristic therapeutic intervention of the analyst.
2. In clinical psychology, drawing inferences and formulating the meaning in terms of the psychological dynamics inherent in a person's responses to psychological tests or during psychotherapy.
interpretation/in·ter·pre·ta·tion/ (-prĕ-ta´shun) in psychotherapy, the therapist's explanation to the patient of the latent or hidden meanings of what the patient says, does, or experiences.
1. psychoanalysis The characteristic therapeutic intervention of the analyst.
2. clinical psychology Drawing inferences and formulating the meaning in terms of the psychological dynamics inherent in a person's responses to psychological tests or during psychotherapy.
clinical psychology drawing inferences and formulating the meaning in terms of the psychological dynamics inherent in a person's responses in therapy.
n the translation of radiographic changes seen by the clinician into real variations in the object radiographed for diagnostic purposes.
interpretation, radiographic (radiologic interpretation, roentgenographic interpretation),
n an opinion formed from the study of a radiograph.
interpretation, radiographic, external oblique ridge,
n radiopaque line formed by an elevated bony surface on the mandible.
interpretation, radiographic, genial tubercles,
n the submandibular radiopaque structures that represent the attachment site for genohyoid and genioglossus muscles.
interpretation, radiographic, inferior border on mandible,
n the radiopaque area that represents the cortical bone.
interpretation, radiographic, internal oblique ridge,
n the radiopaque line that represents a bony ridge on the mandibular surface, the attachment site of the mylohyoid muscles.
interpretation, radiographic, lingual foramen,
n the small area of radiolucency located centrally in the genial tubercles.
n See interpretation, radiographic.
the veterinarian's explanation of how the disease process is causing the observed signs and how the laboratory findings are caused by the causative agent.
explaining all of the clinical signs observed in terms of the lesions thought to be present.
explaining the observed changes seen in the radiograph.