prick(redirected from pricked)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
a. The act of piercing or pricking.
b. The sensation of being pierced or pricked.
a. A persistent or sharply painful feeling of sorrow or remorse.
b. A small, sharp, local pain, such as that made by a needle or bee sting.
3. A small mark or puncture made by a pointed object.
v. pricked, pricking, pricks
a. To puncture lightly.
b. To make (a hole) by puncturing something.
2. To spur (a horse).
3. To pierce the quick of (a horse's hoof) while shoeing.
1. To pierce or puncture something or cause a pricking feeling.
2. To feel a pang or twinge from being pricked.
(2) A person who acts in an inappropriate and/or rude manner; jerk.
verb To sustain an injury with a sharp object, in particular a needle.
To penetrate or puncture the skin with a sharp object, e.g., with a needle during phlebotomy or a test for allergen hypersensitivity.