pre-op(redirected from pre-ops)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Preoperative: pre-op testing; a pre-op patient.
1. A preoperative patient.
2. A section of a hospital providing preoperative treatment.
abbreviation for preoperative.
pre-opadjective Referring to the logistics of preparing for a surgical procedure/operation.
(1) A popular term for all forms of care (e.g., medication) provided to a patient prior to a surgical intervention, as in “Has the pre-op been done on this patient?”
(2) The ward where patients are held before surgery, as in, “Patient X is in pre-op.”
pre-opPre-operative adjective Referring to the logistics of preparing for a surgical procedure/operation. See Pre-op time noun
1. A popular term for all forms of care–eg, medication provided to a Pt prior to a surgical intervention.
2. The ward where Pts are held before surgery.