percolate(redirected from percolated)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. to strain; to submit to percolation.
2. a liquid that has been submitted to percolation.
3. to trickle slowly through a substance.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
percolate(pĕr′kō-lāt) [L. percolare, to strain through]
1. To allow a liquid to seep through a powdered substance.
2. Any fluid that has been filtered or percolated.
3. To strain a fluid through powdered substances in order to impregnate it with dissolved chemicals.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners