Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
any fluid from animal or plant tissue.
gastric juice see gastric juice.
intestinal juice the liquid secretion of glands in the intestinal lining.
pancreatic juice the enzyme-containing secretion of the pancreas, conducted through its ducts to the duodenum.
prostatic juice the liquid secretion of the prostate, which contributes to semen formation.
the external secretion of the pancreas; a clear alkaline fluid containing several enzymes: α-amylase, nucleases, trypsinogen, chymotrypsinogen, and triacylglycerol lipase.
A clear alkaline secretion of the pancreas containing enzymes that aid in digesting proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
pancreatic juiceGI disease Fluid produced by the pancreas containing digestive enzymes
pancreatic juiceThe clear, alkaline fluid that passes along the pancreatic duct into the DUODENUM and contains enzymes that are able to break down proteins, carbohydrates and fats into simpler and absorbable substances.
pancreatic juicethe clear alkaline secretion of the PANCREAS that is released into the duodenum and contains the following digestive enzymes:
- (a) pancreatic AMYLASE which breaks down STARCH to MALTOSE.
- (b) pancreatic LIPASE which breaks down fat into fatty acids and glycerol.
- (c) NUCLEASES which break down NUCLEIC ACIDS into nucleotides.
- (d) PEPTIDASES which break down POLYPEPTIDE CHAINS to free amino acids.
- (e) a group of closely related protein-splitting enzymes such as TRYPSIN in the form of inactive trypsinogen.