pancreatic endocrine tumor

pancreatic endocrine tumor

A neoplasm of the endocrine pancreas–eg, Apudoma, islet cell tumor, nesidioblastoma, common in the body and tail, the sites of ↑ concentration of islets of Langerhans; PETs are seen in 0.5-1.0% of unselected autopsies, hormonally active tumors comprise < 1:105; PET names reflect the predominant hormone–eg, gastrinoma, glucagonoma, VIPoma, PPoma etc, although most PETs produce ≥ 1 hormone Prognosis Most PETs are indolent with a 10-yr survival post-resection; aggressive PETs may need chemotherapy, streptozocin. See Endocrine pancreas, WDHA syndrome, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
References in periodicals archive ?
This report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutic development for Pancreatic Endocrine Tumor, complete with comparative analysis at various stages, therapeutics assessment by drug target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type, along with latest updates, and featured news and press releases.
Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: mimic of pancreatic endocrine tumor diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy.
It has been suggested that this neoplasm be named pancreatic endocrine tumor with entrapped ductules (83) to describe the nonneoplastic nature of the ductules.
Proteomic analysis of pancreatic endocrine tumor cell lines treated with the histone deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin A.
Sensitivities for specific diagnostic entities were as follows: 79% for ductal adenocarcinoma, 100% for acinar cell carcinoma, 75% for pancreatic endocrine tumor, 70% for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMN), and 42% for mucinous cystic neoplasms (MCN).
Pancreatic endocrine tumors account for only 1% to 2% of all pancreatic neoplasms and affect only 1 in 100,000 persons.
Surgical management of pancreatic endocrine tumors.
Localization of pancreatic endocrine tumors by endoscopic ultrasonography.
LOH is common in pancreatic endocrine tumors (16,17) and was detected in 93% of sporadic gastrinomas and 50% of sporadic insulinomas investigated by Zhuang et al (8).
The disease is divided into two broad subtypes based on histological classification: pancreatic endocrine tumors are diagnosed in 5 percent of cases, and pancreatic adenocarcinoma accounts for the remaining 95 percent.
Neuroendocrine tumors are often subclassified as either pancreatic endocrine tumors or carcinoid tumors.