Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
Followed by a subscript, refers to the plasma concentration of the substance indicated by the subscript; permeability constant
3. A blood group designation. See P blood group, Blood Groups Appendix.
Symbol for probability
; when followed by the sign for "less than" (<), this indicates that a test statistic, for example, a chi-square (χ2
) test, gives a result unlikely to occur by chance.
1. In nucleic acid terminology, symbol for phosphoric residue.
2. In polynucleotide symbolism, phosphoric ester or phosphate.
Symbol for pico-2
; the negative decadic logarithm; proton
; momentum (in italics).
4. In cytogenetics, symbol for the short arm of a chromosome.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Genetics parental generation
b. parity conjugation
4. pawn (chess)
5. Bible Peter
6. Physics pressure
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
P Symbol for:
2. Partial pressure.
5. Peak flow, see there.
15. Population–genetics, see there.
24. Probability–P value.
p Symbol for:
1. Atomic orbital with angular momentum.
2. The more common of 2 different alternative–allelic versions of a gene.
3. The frequency of less common allele is q.
4. pico-–SI unit for 10-12.
5. Protein–biochemistry–eg, p53 is 53 kD protein.
7. Sample proportion–binomial distribution in statistics.
8. Short arm of a chromosomepeta–SI unit for 1015.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Abbreviation for peyote;
Abbreviation for pico-;
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
- see PARENTAL GENERATION.
- abbrev. PROLINE.
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005
Abbreviation for pressure.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012
Patient discussion about P
Q. Good evening,ihave aproblem of gustric ulcers which disturb me much could you p`se advise me about agood drug DR i feel pain and some times i spit mucuslike flids and after that the pain reduces most especially when i am hungry.Thank you for advice on the drugs which can help me and i will be gratfull byebye!.
A. First of all, we are not doctors here. We are people like you, and no one here can either recommend or prescribe you any medication.More discussions about P
Regarding gastric ulcers, in many times it results from an infection by H. pylori, and treating this infection (by a combination of several drugs) may solve the problem. You should consult your doctor about it.
Meanwhile, you may read more here:
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.