Followed by a subscript, refers to the plasma concentration of the substance indicated by the subscript; permeability constant
3. A blood group designation. See P blood group, Blood Groups Appendix.
Symbol for probability
; when followed by the sign for "less than" (<), this indicates that a test statistic, for example, a chi-square (χ2
) test, gives a result unlikely to occur by chance.
1. In nucleic acid terminology, symbol for phosphoric residue.
2. In polynucleotide symbolism, phosphoric ester or phosphate.
Symbol for pico-2
; the negative decadic logarithm; proton
; momentum (in italics).
4. In cytogenetics, symbol for the short arm of a chromosome.
1. Genetics parental generation
b. parity conjugation
4. pawn (chess)
5. Bible Peter
6. Physics pressure
P Symbol for:
2. Partial pressure.
5. Peak flow, see there.
15. Population–genetics, see there.
24. Probability–P value.
p Symbol for:
1. Atomic orbital with angular momentum.
2. The more common of 2 different alternative–allelic versions of a gene.
3. The frequency of less common allele is q.
4. pico-–SI unit for 10-12.
5. Protein–biochemistry–eg, p53 is 53 kD protein.
7. Sample proportion–binomial distribution in statistics.
8. Short arm of a chromosomepeta–SI unit for 1015.
Abbreviation for peyote;
Abbreviation for pico-;
Abbreviation for pressure.
Patient discussion about P
Q. Good evening,ihave aproblem of gustric ulcers which disturb me much could you p`se advise me about agood drug DR i feel pain and some times i spit mucuslike flids and after that the pain reduces most especially when i am hungry.Thank you for advice on the drugs which can help me and i will be gratfull byebye!.
A. First of all, we are not doctors here. We are people like you, and no one here can either recommend or prescribe you any medication.More discussions about P
Regarding gastric ulcers, in many times it results from an infection by H. pylori, and treating this infection (by a combination of several drugs) may solve the problem. You should consult your doctor about it.
Meanwhile, you may read more here: