Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. pertaining to, marked by, or promoting oxytocia.
2. an agent that promotes rapid labor by stimulating contractions of the myometrium.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Having the effect of hastening childbirth.
2. Synonym(s): parturifacient (2)
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Hastening or facilitating childbirth, especially by stimulating contractions of the uterus. Used of a drug.
An oxytocic drug.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
1. Hastening delivery of a baby by inducing contraction of the womb muscles.
2. A drug that hastens childbirth.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005