external urethral orifice(redirected from orificium urethrae externum)
1. the entrance or outlet of any body cavity.
aortic orifice the opening of the left ventricle into the aorta; called also aortic opening.
external urethral orifice urinary meatus.
internal urethral orifice the opening from the urinary bladder into the urethra at one corner of the trigone of the bladder.
left atrioventricular orifice (mitral orifice) the opening between the left atrium and ventricle of the heart.
pulmonary orifice (orifice of pulmonary trunk) the opening between the pulmonary trunk and the right ventricle of the heart; called also opening of pulmonary trunk.
right atrioventricular orifice (tricuspid orifice) the opening between the right atrium and ventricle of the heart.
ex·ter·nal u·re·thral or·i·fice[TA]
1. the slitlike opening of the urethra in the glans penis;
2. the external orifice of the urethra (in the female) in the vestibule, usually upon a slight elevation, the papilla urethrae.
external urethral orifice
See urinary meatus.
ex·ter·nal u·re·thral or·i·fice(eks-tĕr'năl yūr-ē'thrăl ōr'i-fis) [TA]
1. The slitlike opening of the urethra in the glans penis.
2. The external orifice of the urethra (in the female) in the vestibule, usually on a slight elevation, the papilla urethrae.