1. pertaining to an organ or organs.
2. having an organized structure.
3. arising from an organism.
4. pertaining to substances derived from living organisms.
5. denoting chemical substances containing covalently bonded carbon atoms.
6. pertaining to or cultivated by use of animal or vegetable fertilizers, rather than synthetic chemicals.
organic anxiety syndrome
a term used in a former system of classification for an organic mental syndrome
characterized by prominent, recurrent panic attacks or generalized anxiety caused by a specific organic factor and not associated with delirium
. Such disorders are now mainly classified as substance-induced anxiety disorders and anxiety disorders due to a general medical condition. See also substance-induced disorders
organic disease a disease due to or accompanied by structural changes in organs or tissues.
organic mental disorder
a term formerly used to denote any mental disorder with a specifically known or presumed organic etiology; now discouraged because of the implication that other disorders do not have an organic basis. The term was sometimes used as a synonym of organic mental syndrome
organic mental syndrome
former term for a constellation of psychological or behavioral signs and symptoms associated with brain dysfunction of unknown or unspecified etiology, grouped according to symptoms (see also organic mental disorder
). The designating of certain conditions as having an organic basis, possibly implying that other conditions do not, is currently discouraged.
organic personality syndrome
former term for an organic mental syndrome
characterized by a marked change in behavior or personality, e.g., emotional instability, marked apathy, or impaired impulse control, caused by a specific organic factor and not associated with delirium
, prominent mood disturbance, delusions
, or hallucinations
. Such disorders are now mainly classified on the basis of etiology, such as those that are substance-induced or are due to a general medical condition.
1. Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms: organic matter.
2. Of, relating to, or affecting a bodily organ: an organic disease.
a. Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin: organic vegetables; an organic farm.
b. Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals: organic chicken; organic cattle farming.
c. Serving organic food: an organic restaurant.
d. Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle.
4. Chemistry Of or designating carbon compounds.
1. An organic food or a product made from organic materials.
2. A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin.
3. Chemistry An organic compound.
or′gan·ic′i·ty (ôr′gə-nĭs′ĭ-tē) n.
1. Pertaining to animals or plants, rather than to non-living matter.
2. Pertaining to an organ of the body.
3. Caused by a pathological change in bodily structure rather than by a purely mental process.
4. Of a chemical compound (other than carbon dioxide or its salts or carbon monoxide), containing carbon.
5. Of food, grown without the use of artificial fertilizers.
Patient discussion about organic
Q. i'm going on an organic diet for fibromyalgia does anyone know if this will help this awful pain
A. Couldn't find any research proving that organic diet improves fibromyalgia. On the other hand, couldn't actually find a research that contradict it (or even dealing with it), so no one can give you any established answer for your answer, so it's your decision.
Anyway, remember to consult a professional (e.g. a doctor) before you start any diet or any other intervention.
You may read more here:
Q. Can a Chiropractor tell if your organs are shutting down?
A. She told me that because my spine is out of line so much, that it's causing my organs to shut down. I have been having bladder problems. I really think she is just trying to scare me.
Q. I'm looking for natural/organic ways to deal with carpal tunnel syndrome. My Boss has Carpal Tunnel syndrome. I'm looking for some natural remedies to help her ease the pain.
A. I have found that MSM (GNC brand) 1500mg per day works for me. I talked to an Orthopedic Surgeon asking him why it works... he said "they really don't know why it works, but it works for many of my patients". When I stop taking my MSM the symptoms return so it is not a cure. More discussions about organic
I have tried other brands of MSM and found the GNC brand works the best for me. It takes about 2 weeks to begin to see the results and several more weeks to get the full affect.