References in periodicals archive ?
The HIPAA privacy rule requires that each covered entity provide patients with a Notice of Privacy Practices intended to inform patients of the routine uses and disclosures of their health care information and provide them with contact information should they desire more specific information.
Notice of Privacy Practices: Upon first contact with a new patient, a Notice of Privacy Practices must be presented to advise the patient of his/her rights under HIPAA.
Employees must receive a copy of the notice of privacy practices and acknowledge that such a notice has been given to them.
Table 1 HIPAA: Privacy Requirements, Related Policies, and Compliance Privacy Requirement Related Policy(s) Notice of Privacy Practices * Upon admission, all patients will receive a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how their PHI will be used and disclosed and their rights with respect to this information.
To avoid a logistical nightmare on April 14, many pharmacies intend to begin providing their notice of privacy practices to patients and begin collecting signed acknowledgments from them well in advance of the compliance date.
For the privacy regulations, health care providers have to develop a notice of privacy practices to be distributed to patients, customers or beneficiaries under a covered health plan.
eliminates the requirement that providers obtain consent for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations; rather, providers will need to make a good-faith effort to obtain a patient's written acknowledgment of receipt of the provider's notice of privacy practices (assuming, of course, that the provider has created such a notice).
For example, a health care provider or correctional institution need not provide an inmate with a Notice of Privacy Practices, an informational document required under HIPAA that describes how an individual's medical information may be used or disclosed.
The privacy rules regarding the use and disclosure of patient health information are less precise for research than they are for situations covered by a provider's Notice of Privacy Practices, Dr.
Another feature is suggested language that pharmacy operators should use for the so-called notice of privacy practices that must be established.
For example, with the Notice of Privacy Practices policy, you would begin by listing: a) Registration: notice distribution procedure, acknowledgement procedure, revision/redistribution procedure, etc.
Medical browser ?
- notch of cardiac apex
- notch sign of Rigler
- notch width index
- notching pliers
- note blindness
- Notechis scutatus
- Notesthes robusta
- nothing by mouth
- Nothnagel syndrome
- Nothnagel, C.W. Hermann
- Notholaena distans
- no-threshold concept
- no-threshold curve
- notice of privacy practices
- notifiable disease
- notifiable diseases
- notified body
- notochordal canal
- notochordal plate
- notochordal process
- notochordal sheath
- Notoedres cati
- notoedric mange
- Nott retinoscopy
- Nottingham Extended Activities of Daily Living Scale
- Nottingham grading system
Full browser ?
- Notice of Interest
- Notice of Interpretation and Procedures
- Notice of Involvement
- Notice of Land Valuation and Acquisition
- Notice of Last Action
- Notice of Lis Pendens
- Notice of Litigation
- Notice of Loss
- Notice of Medicare Non-Coverage
- Notice of Meeting
- Notice of Missed Interview
- Notice of Modification
- Notice of Non-Compliance
- Notice of Non-Coverage
- Notice of Non-Issue
- Notice Of Nonavailability
- Notice of Noncompliance
- notice of noncoverage
- notice of nonresponsibility
- Notice of Opportunity
- Notice of Opportunity for Hearing
- Notice of Partial Deletion
- Notice of Pending Criminal Charges
- notice of pending suit
- Notice of Planned Procurement
- Notice of Potential Claim
- Notice of Potential Eligibility
- Notice of Potential Finding and Recommendation
- Notice of Preparation
- Notice of Privacy
- notice of privacy practices
- Notice of Probable Violation
- Notice of Project
- Notice of Project for Employment involving Asbestos
- Notice of Proposal Rule Making
- Notice of Proposed Adjustment
- Notice of Proposed Amendment
- Notice of Proposed Assessment
- Notice of Proposed Certificate Action
- Notice of Proposed Change
- Notice of Proposed Development
- Notice of Proposed Disciplinary Action
- Notice of Proposed Information Collection Request
- Notice of Proposed Procurement
- Notice of Proposed Regulation
- Notice of Proposed Regulatory Change
- Notice of Proposed Rule Development
- Notice of proposed rulemaking
- Notice Of Public Hearing
- Notice of Public Interest
- Notice of Public Rule Making
- Notice of Race
- Notice of Readiness
- Notice of Realty Action
- Notice of Reassessment
- Notice of Recommended Educational Placement
- Notice of Resource Area Delineation
- Notice of Results/Rating
- Notice Of Revision
- notice of right
- Notice of Sale