negative triadA popular term for any breast lump judged to be:
(1) Clinically negative by the surgeon;
(2) Cytologically (by fine-needle aspiration) or pathologically (by core biopsy) negative; and
(3) Mammographically negative for features of cancer.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
negative triadSurgery A popular term for any breast lump judged to be
1. clinically negative by the surgeon;.
2. cytologically negative by fine-needle aspiration;.
3. negative by mammography.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.