References in periodicals archive ?
However, some multiracial children regard giving up on one of their nationalities as abandoning one of their parents.
Lee argues that multiracial individuals and communities used kinship and "genealogical imagination" to negotiate a world defined by race, by ideas of natives and nonnatives.
In chapters six ("Racism as a Weapon of the Weak") and seven ("Loyalty and Disregard"), I found Lee's discussion of the internal debates within these multiracial communities fascinating, especially how carefully he pieces together the Eurafricans in Southern Rhodesia's not-so-subtle racism and unsettling pledges of loyalty to the British empire.
As a commentary on mixed-race identity, The River Between Us depicts perhaps the only possibility for a multiracial identity at a time (1861) when laws of hypodescent reigned supreme.
For instance, in contrast to religiously unaffiliated black-white biracials, the likelihood of identifying as multiracial declined by 44% for black-white biracial Baptists.
This data revealed that the LSAT scores of Black multiracial students, particularly Black/White ones, are significantly higher than those of single-race Blacks.
To that end, the new Competencies for Counseling the Multiracial Population (Kenney et al.
Since the release of Poston's (1990) model, Root (2001) expanded on the concept of multiracial identity.
Centralising her discussion in the realm of popular media and culture, Joseph thus targets everyday Americans as her intended reader --those whose awareness of race and racial affairs is invariably shaped by the depictions of mixed and multiracial characters in television shows, movies and the mainstream media.
Doyle and Kao (2007) used the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health to study the friendship choices of a large number of multiracial adolescents.
Over the past 20 years, the multiracial population in the United States has become a more recognizable racial group and this new level of recognition has also increased the desire of some mixed-race individuals to embrace their multiracial identity (Rocquemore & Brusma, 2000).
Written to be accessible to undergraduates, even in community colleges, this overview of multiracial issues and identities incorporates statistics from the US Census and other national data sources, plus personal accounts from interviews.
Medical browser ?
- multiple-puncture tuberculin test
- multiple-system atrophy
- multiplex angiosarcoma
- multiplex assay
- multiplex family
- multiplex polymerase chain reaction
- multiplicative division
- multiplicative growth
- multiplicative model
- multiplicity of infection
- multipolar cell
- multipolar magnets
- multipolar mitosis
- multipolar neuron
- multipotent adult progenitor cell
- multipotential hemopoietic stem cell
- multiproblem family
- multi-professional education
- multishot suicide
- multisite activity
- multiskilled worker
- multi-slice CT
- multi-slice imaging
- multisource drug
- multi-source feedback
- multispatula cervical sampler
- multi-spatula cervical sampler
- multi-specialty group
- multispecialty management
- multi-specialty management
- Multispecialty Medical Group
- multi-speed vibrator
- Multisport Athlete
- multistage carcinogenesis
- multistage model
- multistage/mass spectrometry
- multistate nurse licensure
Full browser ?
- Multipurpose National Identity Card
- Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles
- Multipurpose Plenum
- Multipurpose Prevention Technologies
- Multipurpose Process Storage Complex
- Multipurpose Project
- multipurpose projectile
- Multipurpose Protective Coating
- Multipurpose Range Complex
- Multipurpose Recreational Vehicle
- Multipurpose Research and Consulting Centre - University of Namibia
- Multipurpose Science & Technology Building
- Multipurpose Security and Surveillance Mission Platform
- Multipurpose Senior Services
- Multipurpose Ship
- Multipurpose Support Room
- Multipurpose Test Equipment
- Multipurpose Tree Species
- Multipurpose Tubular Sabot
- Multipurpose Unilateral Nonsense Generator
- multipurpose vehicle
- multipurpose vehicle
- multipurpose vehicle
- Multipurpose Ventricular Actuating System
- Multipurpose Versatile Test Harness
- Multipurpose Video Display
- Multipurpose Voice Processor
- Multipurpose Weapon
- Multirate Digital Signal Processing
- Multirate Digital Subscriber Line
- MultiRead CD-ROM
- MultiRead drive
- multiread feeding
- Multireference Perturbation Theory
- Multireference Word Error Rate
- multiregion DVD drive
- multiregion DVD player
- Multiregional Modeling Working Group
- Multiregional Transit Telecom
- Multiresistant Organism
- Multiresolution Adaptive Parameterization of Surfaces
- Multiresolution Block Storage Model
- Multiresolution Gaussian Mixture Model